VIDEO CONTEST RULES
The Keep Rowlett Beautiful Video Contest is a fun way for young people to learn about and share creative ways to REDUCE, REUSE, AND RECYCLE (the 3 Rs). Students share this knowledge with others by creating a 30-60 second video that shows positive ways to Keep Rowlett Beautiful through use of the 3 Rs. The students that submit videos will compete to win great prizes, awarded by Keep Rowlett Beautiful, Inc.
Keep Rowlett Beautiful (KRB) invites all 6th to 12th grade Rowlett students, who reside in Rowlett and are enrolled in these grades as of January 1, 2021, to participate in the Keep Rowlett Beautiful Video Contest (Contest). Rowlett middle and high school students—whether from public, charter, private, or homeschool—are eligible to participate and must comply with all official Video Contest Rules.
Entries will be accepted from March 22 through 5 p.m. April 12, 2021.
- The video must portray positive ways Texans can protect the environment in their daily lives by Reducing, Reusing, and Recycling. It is important that the video portrays a positive message. Due to the time limitations of a 30-60 second video, students are encouraged to explore just one of these topics.
- Video must include the slogan “Let’s keep Rowlett Beautiful, Clean and Green!” The slogan can be expressed either verbally or by using the Keep Rowlett Beautiful logo provided on our Video Contest webpage.
- Groups cannot enter the contest. While students may work in groups to create a video, only one student may be listed on the “Video Contest Entry Form and Agreement” and this student, if his/her entry is selected as a winner, will be awarded the prize.
- Each student may submit only one video.
- Videos may not have been previously submitted, distributed, aired, or have won any other award in any other competition.
- Maximum file size is 200 MB.
- Video must be 30-60 seconds long.
- The ideal video quality is 1920 x 1080p.
- The video must be original work created by the contest participant. Students may receive guidance from a teacher, parent, or guardian.
- ALL VIDEO AND MUSIC CONTENT MUST BE ORIGINAL AND ROYALTY FREE.
- All unoriginal content—such as music, video, or images—ARE NOT ALLOWED.
- Video must not contain any copyrighted materials such as company logos, product brands, or store names. Any video containing such video or audio references will be disqualified.
- Student must provide a Reference Sheet that includes the following:
- All facts, statistics, and other information used in the video, MUST BE CITED with the URLs for the sources.
- No obligation or liability is assumed by KRB in connection with the contest.
- Contest rules and dates may be changed at the KRB’s sole discretion.
- All submitted videos become the property of KRB. Winners and their parents or guardians agree to the use of the winners’ names and likenesses to promote the Keep Rowlett Beautiful program and future video contests.
Entries will be evaluated based on:
- Ability to gain the viewer’s attention and make a lasting impression.
- Inclusion of the slogan “Let’s Keep Rowlett Beautiful, Clean and Green!” either expressed verbally or with the logos provided by KRB.
- Quality including characteristics such as accuracy, creativity, persuasiveness, clarity, and overall visual and audio production quality.
- How well it conveys positive ways to Keep Rowlett Beautiful.
There will be three rounds of judging, including a round of public voting.
In round one, KRB staff will review videos to be sure they qualify. The qualifying videos will then be posted on our KRB Facebook page.
In the next round, public voting will be held starting Monday, April 19, 2021, at 8:00 a.m. (CDT) and end Wednesday, April 28, 2021, at midnight (CDT).
After the voting closes, KRB will pull the top 12 submissions from the middle schools and the top 12 from the high schools. In the final round of judging, the KRB Education Committee and Youth Advisory Board will pick the top 3 winners from the middle school contestants and high school contestants.
NOTE: Any Youth Advisory Board member who submits video will be recused from judging videos.
All judgments are final.
There will be a total of six big winners! The middle and high school students who win will be recognized by Keep Rowlett Beautiful and representatives from City of Rowlett. All winning videos will be showcased on the Keep Rowlett Beautiful website, on social media, and in media announcements.
Winners will be announced on Monday, May 3, 2021.
Prizes for high school students (grades 9 through 12) will be awarded as follows:
1st place: $100
2nd place: $50
3rd place: $25
Prizes for middle school students (grades 6 through 8) be awarded as follows:
1st place: $100
2nd place: $50
3rd place: $25