Businesses help Keep Rowlett Beautiful!
Have you ever passed by a Rowlett business and thought, “wow, that place looks great!”? We have, and our new quarterly We Noticed! a column will recognize those local businesses – the ones we noticed have made an extra effort to keep their storefronts and business properties looking good.
Taking another step to grow community pride in Rowlett, Keep Rowlett Beautiful is recognizing businesses in the community for their improvement, upkeep, cleanliness and beautification efforts. The Board presents a Beauty and Business Award certificate and to a business each quarter.
By awarding those businesses who keep their property beautiful and clean we hope to motivate others in the city to do the same. Community beautification takes the cooperation of all residents of Rowlett.
Board members examine different aspects of the business, such as:
- The store front is inviting with use and upkeep of greenery, such as grass, trees, shrubs and/or flowers along with benches, trash cans and/or chairs.
- Parking area is litter free.
- Store front has attractive signs.
- Dumpster and trash areas are clean and tidy.
- Old, unused bulky items are not stored around or behind the store i.e. equipment, furniture, supplies.
- Building front is in good shape with clean paint or bricks.
You can nominate a business for this award anytime using the button on the right side of this page! The business will be considered for that quarter’s award.
Let's work together and Keep Rowlett Beautiful!